home

Tuesday, 23 September 2014

A new look sewing room

It feels like an awfully long time ago, but in reality about a month, I started on a re-vamp of the sewing room.  There was a lot of planning, choosing paper, paint etc but in truth what I wanted was a more streamlined look.  Not to actually lose the feel of it altogether, yet still make it fresher.  The magic that is Pinterest was such a help - take a look here - and made it possible to see the things that kept cropping up in lots of the images.  Such as pale walls with a colour pop of blue along with either mustard or pale pink.
In love with the color of this room: Cape Hatteras Sand in Aura by Benjamin Moore
,
All quite lovely.  None of it finished yet.  Today was going to be the afternoon it got back on track - the walls have already been painted in Farrow and Ball Skimming Stone - and some of the woodwork has been started.......Some things have been put back, but lots has not.  It was definitely time for change, and not just the walls.  So, lots of books and magazines have gone to new homes, fabric has been de-stashed, yarns have been moved on to other baskets.
 
But today did not go to plan.  Today was dreary and matched my mood totally.  Ah well, that's just the way it is sometimes.  Yesterday as I sat having a coffee before the school run life felt very good.  Today I realised it still is, but I need to let myself drift a while sometimes - that's when I start to want to create something again.
Which is why my latest place of choice is Merchant and Mills, and am on the hunt for the perfect fabric. 
Note to self:  dreary does not have to equal unhappy.
 
P x
 
ps the images are not mine - they are from my Pinterest board and if you visit the board and click on the images it will take you to the original!

3 comments:

  1. Hoping to see the finished room Pam. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am hoping to have it photo-ready by the weekend! xx

      Delete