home

Tuesday, 10 March 2015

A saucerful of Spring



The weekend was not the balmy start to Spring I was expecting.  But today, oh yes! The house is in uproar - plumbers, decorators, carpet fitters, furniture deliveries - and I can cope with it all just so long as I can get outside and breathe clean air free of dust.
The sewing room is also on that list and just waiting for the new (to me) sewing table to be painted and placed.  Already I'm loving the way it feels - so fresh and bright with space to move.  Though as it's a smaller table than the previous one, I'm hoping it won't feel too mean.
Before I started wallpapering I did manage to get this done:


The fabric is from here and it may have been the first time I've used this shop, but I don't think it will be the last!  Speedy delivery and lovely to talk to - immediately understanding the phrase Coco top!

There's a skirt pattern that is constantly popping into my head; I don't wear skirts anymore, but this really appeals.......what's to lose?  I think I'm just going to go for it.

P xx




4 comments:

  1. Pretty! The flowers and the top :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, am pleased with both, but most of all the flowers! P xx

      Delete
  2. I don't envy you having 'men' in the house Pam but it's always worth it in the end.
    Love the top. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do hope so Vivienne, I'm so ready for the house just to be ours again. P xx

      Delete