home

Sunday, 7 February 2016

Stitchery

Having seen a couple of links to the new series of the Sewing Bee - with the announcement that May will no longer be a judge - it was pretty inevitable that I'd start thinking about my own sewing. Or non sewing as it turns out.  There has been quilting, but no real dressmaking or toymaking or anything much really..

Time to address this squarely in the eye. Is this lack of sewing due to external circumstances? bereavement is no easy trauma to recover from, but I always thought sewing could help me through anything. Maybe it's just sitting there waiting for me; when I'm ready it will be too.
Though maybe it's not that at all, maybe it's a seasonal thing?  Perhaps the light levels affect more than mood, and that sewing is more closely associated with bright (or brighter) days? 
Or maybe I just got bored/haven't found the right thing to sew yet.
And to be truthful, it's probably a great mish-mash of all of the above!

Whatever, it's starting to be a thing again; something I want to do.  Need to find the right project now, and that's fun anyway!

The sun has been out on this cold February morning, but Spring is definitely coming. This must surely be Pre Spring! It even felt totally natural to walk around the garden and cut a few little flowers.  Perfect for a windowsill:


P xx

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard that May wasn't going to be on the next Sewing Bee, that's a shame!
    It's definitely pre-Spring ! I'm determined!!
    I wasn't aware that you'd had a beareavement Pam, I'm sorry to hear that, hope you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read it this week Vivienne and she's being replaced by someone called Esme. And I knew you'd already be in PreSpring!! P xx

      Delete