home

Monday, 18 July 2016

Dolls

Making and dressing dolls has been part of my life for as long as I can remember.  From baby dolls in dark red prams for me and my sister - as we had another baby sister on the way! - to rag dolls for my daughter.  Having an aunt who was always dressing dolls for herself, us and her own daughter, it's probably not surprising. 
I love seeing how other people make up dolls and their clothes - from gorgeous rabbits to stylish wooden dolls - they all appeal.  The doll I loved making the most was Emily from Laura Ashley; it was a joy to make her with help from my daughter.  A very long time ago.  And as with everything else, the longer you leave something, the harder it is to get into it all again. So, a Sophie Tilley doll kit is coming along (very slowly) and obviously before finishing one, it was time to source another.  Did I say I always like to have a couple of things on the go?!


I'm sure there are more local doll maker suppliers, but then France isn't that far is it?


And the packaging is just gorgeous.


The pieces are all cut out and small amounts of embroidery started.  But no rush.  The enjoyment is the doing, the process rather than the end product.


And the random image of Cath Kidston hand creams?  Part of a delicious care package from aforementioned aunt who was aware of a very stressful couple of weeks and wanted to alleviate it a little.
She managed that beautifully.

P xx

9 comments:

  1. What a very thoughtful aunt x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she is Aline, and so supportive. She reminds me a lot of Miss Marple! Xx

      Delete
  2. Have fun with your doll making - I've carved a few dolls, but only sewn one or two... Your aunt sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be pretty special to be able to carve your own! She's a bit special to tell the truth. Xxx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss this post?? Sorry Pam!
    I love the little doll, especially the colours.
    Thank you for the little mention! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are brilliant and I'm so looking forward to getting on with it. But in the way of a good book, I don't want to go too quickly either! Xx

      Delete
  5. Sweet little doll. My daughter was never much interested in dolls and so I've never made one myself, but it is something I'd like to do one day. I hope your stressful time eases soon. Best wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have to admit to really enjoying myself with the current making - and that always helps doesn't it? Xx

      Delete