home

Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Please don't let the pretty pictures fool you

As with absolutely everything else in life, it's all in the editing:


They are so pretty, and stunning colours and some of them even smell so sweet.


The ones grown from seed earn a special close up.




Those hidden away and only seen when up close and personal, show that they flower for any reason but me.





The reality is different, slightly darker and just a little bit guilt-inducing.

In truth, the borders are a complete mess; a shambles of a garden.  All the necessary elements for a decent garden are there, and the lawns are good - mainly because someone else is seeing to those - but what needs to happen now is a good dose of slash and burn.  Well, maybe composting rather than actual burning, although.......
And there will be a certain pleasure in that.  Sweeping clean is usually a case of re-starting and new ideas.  So not all bad then.

P xx

10 comments:

  1. Although my garden border has looked full and pretty for a while, things now need cutting back, there are some things hidden and not growing because of too many plants and starting to look untidy. I would love to take them ALL out one day and organise them better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine has been winging it this year Aline, which was fine for a while, but now, not so much. I know what you mean about reorganising - I found it was best doing that a couple of metres at a time rather than the whole garden - that really would be a job and a half! xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos by the way x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's good to get back into using a camera instead of the phone all the time xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I kinda hoped that would be true V! But sometimes it can feel like everyone else is getting it right when I'm not! It'll pass. Or I'll just crack on and actually do it xx

      Delete
  4. The flowers are so lovely to see close up, and it is the detail of our lives that count even if the whole is rather messy.

    We've had so much rain here lately that my garden has got out of control. Weeds and shrubs in a right tangle. Schools finish this week and I'm looking forward to long summer days to get out there and sort it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kim that has made me feel so much better! I'll remember that about the details in life. Small steps in the garden still, but at least I can see where I've been. Enjoy those long summer days xx

      Delete
  5. It always happens about this time of year. The perennials grow to their maximum and then start to flop. The wind and rain certainly haven't helped. I seem to spend all my days running around the garden with emergency supports!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I wish I could use the weather as the whole reason for the state of the garden but, no. Most of it is down to me just not getting stuck in and doing it! Xx

      Delete