home

Tuesday, 23 August 2016

Moving along

The crochet day at the weekend was a great success - good homemade food, relaxing and very comfortable room, lovely host and the chance to meet up with two wonderful friends. It was a little emotional at times, but in a very good way.  It's so very easy to get caught up in the everyday detritus that is life and to forget about the joy of doing something different, just for YOU!

Anyhow, to celebrate such a day, I decided on a new blanket for the new boy.  I realise he'll have more blankets than is right and proper for a baby to have, but living where they do I 'm thinking having lots is the way forward.  Think mud.  Lots of it along with lots of small footprints.  Everywhere.


Above is my immediate view while sitting on a cosy sofa - flowers and crochet garlands .


But this was to the side of me, and as much as I tried not to look at it, well, I failed.  So the white blanket became a duck egg blue one.  Not too much of a problem I have to say.


And this; not made especially for the day, but it was hanging on my door handle just patiently waiting for the right occasion. 

After the Sunday bliss came the chaos of Monday.  Needless to say it means a lot more work and organisation for me, but I'm hoping it will all end well.  Aged parent moving into sheltered accommodation. In less than two weeks.
That's ok. In a previous life (it seems) I was part of a team opening new stores.  This will be a doddle. My sisters may lose the will to live by the end of it all, seeing as they've both had numerous messages already.  But we're good.  We can do this and survive.

But thank goodness for crochet, knitting, yarn shops, Pinterest and Ravelry.

P xx

ps And a knitting group tomorrow morning - yay!!

8 comments:

  1. Awe, I'm sure it will all work out ok .
    Love your project bag and the beautiful yarn, you can't possibly go wrong with duck egg blue and in my opinion a baby can't have too many blankets!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Vivienne! But I really enjoy the comfort of making them more than anything. If I can't be there as often as I'd like to give nana cuddles, then a blanket can do it for me. And thank you for the comment on the bag xx

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post Pam, beautifully written. I hope all goes well with the move xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you A line! It was such a comforting and comfortable day. And the move will happen whatever xx

      Delete
  3. Best wishes with the move of aged parents. Hope they understand the necessity.

    Many things go smoother, when people understand the wisdom and necessity, of change.

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she's happy to go, it's just the upheaval to get there! Though when I went today she'd already emptied two wardrobes and a chest of drawers. No stopping her once she gets going xx

      Delete
  4. -smile- Spoken as someone, who is also aged, herself. 79 is certainly "olden."

    Happily, my husband and I are still very active. But still, we are on the later bit of life's cycle.

    More gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But your heart and soul are obviously still very young Luna! Xx

      Delete