home

Friday, 2 September 2016

Back to school

That feeling of starting something new, along with a change in the air, well I just love it.
Not that school is literally starting for me, but I have made plans for this Autumn so it does feel a little like that.  Some of the plans are one off workshops, others slightly longer taking a couple of weeks. 


In preparation for all of this learning I set to last night and started some jobs that have been bugging me for, well for months really. The hours I've sat thinking about sorting through paperwork, organising boxes and tins and trays, but just couldn't push myself to even start it all.


Last night was different; starting with random papers stuffed into a basket, moving on to filing and - even more satisfying - throwing away great piles of it!


Which has meant there is space to bring things together ready for those workshops.


Though I keep noticing more and more things to do - which is great this time around; feels as though I'm ready for all of this. Like the top and bottom pictures really - you start off with pretty pencils needing a good sharpening, and you end up with a photo you love!

P xx

6 comments:

  1. My uni course starts up again next week, and Emily is back to school, so I also like to spend this week tying up loose ends and getting ready for a new school year. The cover of that birds book is beautiful and I also love that last photo of the sharpened coloured pencils Pam, it has a very professional look about it. Enjoy your workshops... I look forward to hearing more about them. xx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Kim that sounds exciting - uni courses! The Jeffrey Fisher book is a joy and is part of my homework for one of the workshops. Happy days! xx

      Delete
  2. nothing quite like a pot of sharpened pencils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good feeling looking at them! Have a lovely weekend Vivienne xx

      Delete
  3. Remember that line from "You've Got Mail"? With Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan? Something like; 'I would give you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils..." :-)

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes! I'd forgotten all about that, and of course she would like that as she loves stationery and pencils too x

      Delete