home

Saturday, 3 September 2016

Bento Bags

It's pretty obvious that there's been a whole raft of things happening in the sewing world while I've been....missing in action? Having got myself back in the blogging world (yay!) I've noticed a couple of new things - one, how much better they all are! and two, Bento Bags. Having cleaned, sorted, tidied and thrown out in the sewing room over the past few months it made it very easy to just decide at ten last night to try one for myself.
And I'm already addicted. Not only are they a great way to use beautiful fabrics, but they're just perfect for crochet and sock knitting projects.  What's not to love?


Opened up it's so easy to see right inside the bag,


and tied up they look like knotted handkerchiefs


ready for a Famous Five adventure.
Which pretty much sums up how I feel about life right now.

P xx

And thank you so much to Melissa of Tiny Happy who posted such a brilliant tutorial xx

8 comments:

  1. Very handy and lovely fabric Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty isn't it? Amazing what you find in a tidy sewing room... x

      Delete
  2. What a great bag, and yours looks lovely! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And so very easy too x

      Delete
  3. Yes, I thought they reminded me of a Japanese bag. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But actually so much easier than origami itself Luna! x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's so perfect in so many ways - love making things like this Vivienne xx

      Delete