home

Friday, 30 September 2016

KIY

This is new to me; always late to the party.  Knit it yourself - so easy when you know about it! And the reason I have found out about it, is finding a gorgeous pattern for a sweet little baby hat with earflaps. Only it is in French.  Hey ho. How difficult can it be?
Not very, is the simple answer.  Once I was into the knitting itself it became quite intuitive - the beauty of having been a knitter for most of my life I suppose.
Anyhow, the photo of the (first) hat is on instagram and was so easily knit up in less than a couple of hours.  Perfect for getting back into the knitting.  My arm still has the shooting pains and I worried about holding the needles.  It was fine.

In a week's time I'm going on another workshop; this time sock knitting. Now I realise it should be a walk in the park for someone who has knitted for so long (see above) but........
I've never knitted with four double pointed needles before. 
To get into the swing of it all - ie to allay fears and think about something else! - I've made a couple of Bento Bags to hold the projects.  One for me and one for my daughter:









And now I'm all ready to go! Maybe I should have a little practice with those pesky needles in the week before?

P xx



6 comments:

  1. A lovely post. I do admire your skills Pam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aline, though it's more about playing and relaxation. I really just like making stuff I suppose, a bit like you and your gorgeous crochet! xxx

      Delete
  2. Those bags are perfect for small knitting projects, and you've chosen lovely fabrics Pam. I'm just knitting a pair of socks at the moment. Socks are one of my most favourite things to knit. They can be a bit fiddly, but there's something appealing about using the double-pointed needles and going around and around - seeing the completed sock appearing before your eyes. Best of luck with the course, and have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're having a good weekend too Kim and you've given me hope for the socks! xxx

      Delete
  3. As you say you're a knitter Pam, you'll master those needles.......I do love those bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Master is probably pushing it, but fingers crossed it just doesn't go too badly wrong? xxx

      Delete