home

Sunday, 29 January 2017

Image borrowing

As someone who has taken photographs forever, but only recently decided to learn more about it, images online are on my mind to say the least!  I find myself analysing images but mainly just looking at them and thinking -isn't that lovely and how did they do it?? The work involved in taking a good image is often done well before actually pressing the button - the setting up, deciding on camera settings, backgrounds etc. So, it's started to be a bit of a thing for me when I see businesses using other's images without saying anything. Just saying.
Off to practice some more now.....












As you can see - so many shots of the same things but in reality I probably wouldn't use any of them - at least not without further work - editing.  All involving time. So I do understand that for a fledgling business it can be time consuming, and so much easier to just 'borrow' a perfectly good image from the net to illustrate your new products etc. But doesn't make it right.

P xx


2 comments:

  1. no you're correct Pam, its doesn't make it right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have been very disappointed to see a local, newish business doing just this Vivienne and it goes against everything I thought they stood for! Just shows how wrong you can be I suppose. Xx

      Delete