home

Saturday, 28 January 2017

Lemon Curd

Having found a bag of lemons for 85p in the supermarket, there was only ever one thing I was going to make.  Although I adored the neon yellow spread of my childhood, once I'd made the real thing, there was no going back. The recipe is slightly adapted from the Delia Smith one - though more in the method than ingredients. Doing things all in one pan is always a good thing isn't it?
Whisk the eggs in a porringer, add in the lemon juice and sugar and whisk some more. Add in the zest and butter and keep stirring over a pan of simmering water. Stop when thickened. Pour into a sterilised jar.  It really only keeps for a week or so, but is fantastic stirred through Greek yoghurt, spread onto a cake as a filling or on bread or scones.  Really, what's not to like?



On the camera bag front - at last I've chosen one!  Who knew how to tough it was going to be - but also how frustrating?  Hoping for a mid-week delivery.

P xx

2 comments:

  1. I love lemon curd especially on cupcakes with butter cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmmmmm! I'm going to get through it pretty quickly - especially with the yoghurt xx

      Delete