home

Saturday, 7 January 2017

New Year Blues

Well, not really. Not blues as such, more unsettled. And because of that I've decided to make a few plans for 2017 - a Big Trip as far away as can be along with a different way of doing Christmas.
It helps while waiting to start on the garden - though it was a joy to see all the pots full of wallflowers growing so healthy along the side of the house, ready for Spring along with their hidden tulips. I also added a packet of poppy seeds to the tops of the post - just to see if they would help prolong the life of the pot without having to empty and start again.  I've seen others talk about it, but not seen it in practice.  It's worth the price of a packet of seed to find out.

At least in these darker months there's always the joy of yarn - normally I use a couple of shops, but this morning, because of a headache, I walked to one much nearer.  Combining walk to clear head with yarn to help create another? Hey ho.  Of course in a different shop you find different yarns and I was very happy to pick up a couple of these:



I've not used it before and I really have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but it feels gorgeous and I love the colours.

P xx

4 comments:

  1. ooh they are lovely colours. Would love to see what you make. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's probably going to be another blanket Aline - maybe with a chunky, textured feel this time. It was more expensive than most yarns I buy these days and as it's handwash only, probably not great for a baby! May have to rethink! Xx

      Delete
  2. ooooh I love the colours too Pam....and I love all this talk of garden and pots and plants. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many lovely ones to choose from Vivienne - think I might have to return and treat myself to a few more. And yes, thinking and planning is what gets us through to Spring!! Xx

      Delete